(Oct. 5, 2020) — Entergy’s Louisiana companies are continuing to monitor and plan for the potential impacts of Tropical Storm Delta. While the path and intensity of Delta could change, the companies are preparing for the enhanced risks of severe thunderstorms, strong winds, heavy rains, high tides and coastal flooding in portions of Louisiana.
Delta is anticipated to approach the northern Gulf Coast late this week, bringing tropical-storm force conditions across the Louisiana coastline. Though Delta’s path and intensity could change, customers are encouraged to continue monitoring local weather alerts, have a plan in place and follow guidance from state and local officials.
Entergy’s storm team is prepared to restore power and gas services safely and quickly to customers should outages occur. In addition, the companies will move equipment from low-lying areas that could see high water to higher ground and ensure flood protections are in place. High-water vehicles and drones are being secured should they be needed during any restoration efforts.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, crews will continue to practice social distancing while in the field, and Entergy asks that customers do the same. For the safety of crews and customers, please stay away from work zones. If there is a need to report a service problem, customers should call 1-800-ENTERGY.
Staying informed before, during and after a tropical system strikes is just as important as making personal storm plans. Here’s how customers can stay updated throughout the event:
- Download the Entergy App at com. Customers can use the app to report outages or check on the status of power at their home or business.
- Entergy’s View Outages website includes maps that show where outages are located and give information about restoration progress.
- Sign up for text messages by texting REG to 36778 and have your account number and ZIP code handy. The registration pattern is as follows including spaces: REG (account number) (ZIP code). Once registered, text OUT to 36778 to report an outage. You can also report an outage online as a guest.
- The Entergy Storm Center website has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated throughout the day.
- Operation: Storm Ready Guide is a free downloadable guide that helps customers plan and prepare for weather emergencies.
Follow us on Social Media
Social media plays an important role in keeping customers informed, and the companies place a high priority on updating their social media channels throughout an event. Customers can follow Entergy Louisiana on Facebook and Twitter, and Entergy New Orleans on Facebook and Twitter.