Interstate Power and Light (IPL) on Nov. 30 filed more information with the Iowa Utilities Board on its recent application for certification of eligibility for Renewable Energy Tax Credits for a 3.5 MW (ac) solar facility that will be located at 42°29’29.4″N 90°47’24.5″W in Dubuque County, Iowa.
The completed project would consist of a solar array with a nameplate capacity rating of 3.5 MW. The project timeline is:
- Sept. 19, 2016: Site identified and property lease obtained (Complete)
- May 2, 2016: Proper zoning confirmed from City of Dubuque (Complete)
- July 1, 2016: Request for Proposal (RFP) for Engineering, Procurement and Construction of solar facility issued (Complete)
- Dec. 1, 2016: Contract for RFP award anticipated
- March 1, 2017: Civil, Electrical and Foundation engineering and design anticipated to be completed
- Aug. 31, 2017: Project to be substantially complete and able to generate power
All of the power produced by this facility will be delivered to the IPL-owned Seippel Substation and will be used to offset local energy consumption needs.