American Falls Solar LLC applied Nov. 15 with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for authorization to sell electric energy and capacity at wholesale and make sales of ancillary services at market-based rates.
American Falls was formed to act as the project company with respect to the operation of a 20 MW (ac)) (nameplate) photovoltaic facility located in an unincorporated area of Power County, Idaho, several miles northeast of the town of American Falls. The American Falls Facility is scheduled to synchronize with the grid and produce test power on Jan. 6, 2017, and is scheduled to begin commercial operation on or before Jan. 20, 2017.
The American Falls Facility is interconnected to the transmission facilities of, and will sell all of its electric power output at wholesale under a long-term power purchase agreement to, Idaho Power. The American Falls Facility is a qualifying small power production facility (QF) and American Falls has submitted a notice of self-certification of Exempt Wholesale Generator status.
American Falls is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CD Global Solar ID American Falls I Holdings LLC (AF Holdings). AF Holdings is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CD Global Solar II ID Borrower LLC (“Borrower”). Borrower is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CD Global Solar II ID Investor LLC (“Investor”). Investor is owned 50% by CD Global Solar II Sponsor LP (“Sponsor”), and 50% by Capital Dynamics HRJ GP LLC (“HRJ”). HRJ is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capital Dynamics Inc., which in turn is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capital Dynamics Holding AG.
Sponsor is owned 0.001% by Capital Dynamics CEI GP (Cayman Islands) Ltd. (“GP”) and 99.999% by CD Global Solar II HoldCo LP (“HoldCo”). HoldCo is owned 0.001% by GP and 99.999% by Capital Dynamics Global Solar Energy Fund II LP (“Fund”). Fund is owned 0.001% by GP, 0.001% by Capital Dynamics CEI Founder Partner (Cayman Islands) LP (“Founder”) and 99.998% by certain limited partners. GP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capital Dynamics Hong Kong Ltd. (“CD Hong Kong”).
Each of CD Hong Kong and Founder is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capital Dynamics. Capital Dynamics is a private company, organized under the laws of Germany, and is owned approximately 73% by its individual founder, Thomas Kubr, with the remaining approximately 27% ownership interests held by employees and third-party investors.
In conjunction with this application, American Falls is submitting an application under Section 203 of the Federal Power Act for disposition of non-controlling, passive equity interests in American Falls to EFS Renewables Holdings LLC, an affiliate of General Electric (NYSE: GE).
American Falls is affiliated, through Borrower, with four other project companies that are developing solar facilities in Idaho.
American Falls Solar II LLC is developing a 20 MW (ac) (nameplate) solar photovoltaic facility that is located adjacent to the American Falls Facility. The American Falls II Facility is a QF. Because the American Falls II Facility is located less than one mile from the American Falls Facility, the two facilities are considered to be located at the same site under the commission’s regulations and their aggregate capacity of 40 MW will exceed the power production capacity limit for the exemptions from regulation under the FPA and the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 2005. American Falls II has submitted a notice of self-certification of Exempt Wholesale Generator status and is filing an application for market-based rate authority contemporaneously with this application. The American Falls II Facility will be interconnected to Idaho Power’s transmission system and will sell all of its electric power output at wholesale under a long-term power purchase agreement with Idaho Power.
Murphy Flat Power LLC, Orchard Ranch Solar LLC and Simcoe Solar LLC are each developing 20-MW (ac) (nameplate) photovoltaic projects in Idaho. These projects are not located within one mile of the American Falls Facility or the American Falls II Facility, or within one mile of each other. Each has filed a notice of self-certification as a QF. Each of Murphy Flat, Orchard Ranch and Simcoe will sell all of its electric power output at wholesale under a long-term power purchase agreement to Idaho Power.
A project contact is: Capital Dynamics Clean Energy & Infrastructure c/o Kathryn Rasmussen, 645 Madison Avenue, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10022, Tel: +1 212 798 3400, email@example.com.