The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, in a June 6 infrastructure report covering developments in April of this year, noted that the City of Hamilton, Ohio, placed in service Meldahl Project No. 12667 with an installed capacity of 105.0 MW.
The Mehldahl hydroelectric project is located on the Ohio River near Augusta, Ky.
In other hydroelectric developments in April:
- The City of Brainerd, Minnesota, and its Public Utility Commission was issued an order amending license to raise the capacity of its Brainerd Hydroelectric Project No. 2533 from 3.160 MW to 3.760 MW. The project is located on the Mississippi River in the City of Brainerd, Crow Wing County, Minn.
- The Town of Pownal, Vermont, was issued an order amending exemption to raise the capacity of its Pownal Hydroelectric Project No. 6795 from 0.4 MW to 0.5 MW. The project is located on the Hoosic River in the Town of Pownal, Bennington County, Vermont.
- Alaska Village Electric Cooperative Inc. was issued an original license for the proposed 0.262 MW Old Harbor Hydroelectric Project No. 13272. The project will be located on East Fork Mountain Creek, near the Town of Old Harbor, Kodiak Island Borough, Alaska.
- Tygart LLC was issued an original license for the proposed 30 MW Tygart Hydroelectric Project No. 12613. The project will be located at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Tygart Dam on the Tygart River, in the City of Grafton, Taylor County, West Virginia.
- Kenai Hydro LLC filed an original license application for the proposed 5.0 MW Grant Lake Hydroelectric Project No. 13212. The project would be located on Grant Lake and Grant Creek, near the Town of Moose Pass, Kenai Peninsula Borough, Alaska.