Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric Industrial Systems Corp. (TMEIC) announced April 25 its first order of the newest inverters in the Solar Ware Samurai Series from juwi Inc.
juwi’s 30-MW Bison Solar project in Wellington, Colorado, includes 12 units of the Samurai Series 1500Vdc, 2700kW / 2700kVA inverters. Project commissioning is planned for the third quarter of 2016.
“We are excited about the opportunity to supply our newest Samurai Series PV inverters for juwi’s Bison Solar project in Colorado,” Donn Samsa, TMEIC general manager renewable energy, said.
juwi has selected TMEIC inverters in its design of several solar projects in 2015. The Bison Solar project will be its first order for TMEIC’s 1500V inverter
The new Solar Ware Samurai 1500V inverter offers:
- Maximum efficiency 98.8%
- Advanced hybrid cooling with the same physical size as the TMEIC1000V inverters
- Operation at 1500V DC system voltage
- Reduced cable mass to minimize cost and enhance flexible plant design
- Reduced combiner box and number of inverters
- Fewer cables needed between combiner box and inverter
TMEIC was formed in 2003 following the merger of the industrial systems departments of Toshiba Corp. and Mitsubishi Electric Corp.