In aid of two new solar projects with a combined 252 MW of capacity, Mesquite Solar 1 LLC (MS1) filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on Nov. 6 certain revisions to its Assignment, Co-Tenancy and Shared Facilities Agreement (Revised Inter-Company SFA).
The revisions reflect the addition of Mesquite Solar 2 LLC (MS2) and Mesquite Solar 3 LLC (MS3) as parties to the agreement. The parties to the Revised Inter-Company SFA are MS1, MS2, MS3, Mesquite Power LLC, SEP II LLC, The Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District (SRP) and Sempra Global Services Inc. (SGS).
- MS1 owns a solar photovoltaic facility located in Maricopa County, Arizona, in the vicinity of Hassayampa and interconnected to the grid via a project substation and 230-kV generation-tie line into shared switchyard facilities that MS1 owns jointly as a tenant-in-common with SEP II, Mesquite Power and SRP.
- SRP owns the nominally rated 625 MW block 1 of the Mesquite Generating Station and a pro rata interest in the shared switchyard facilities.
- Mesquite Power owns the nominally rated 625 MW block 2 of the Mesquite Generating Station and a pro rata interest in the shared switchyard facilities.
- SEP II holds real estate interests and permits associated with future development of solar photovoltaic generation in the vicinity of Hassayampa. SEP II will assign to MS2 and MS3 a portion of SEP II’s undivided interests in the shared switchyard facilities.
- MS2 and MS3 are developing solar photovoltaic facilities adjacent to the MS1 facility and approximately 100 MW and 152 MW in size, respectively. MS2 and MS3 will sell the output of their facilities to wholesale purchasers pursuant to long-term power purchase agreements. The shared switchyard facilities will provide MS2 and MS3 the ability to connect their respective projects to Hassayampa, thereby eliminating the need to build costly and redundant facilities to accomplish the same purpose.
A contact for this filing is: Daniel A. King, Sempra U.S. Gas & Power LLC, 488 8th Ave. HQ12S1, San Diego, CA 92101-3017, (619) 696-4350, email@example.com.