PJM Interconnection has issued a Facility Study Report, dated November 2015, on queue project #Z2-009, which covers an EDF Renewable Development request to interconnect a proposed 52 MW (6.7 MW capacity) wind farm to the Harwood-E. Hazelton #2 69-kV transmission line in Luzerne County, Pa.
PPL Electric Utilities (PPL EU) would be the interconnecting transmission owner. The Z2-009 project can be connected to PPL EU’s 69 kV transmission system by tapping the White Haven Tap line off Harwood-E. Hazelton #2 69-kV line and extending approximately 500 feet of single circuit transmission line to EDF’s project substation.
The study noted that there were no amendments to the March 2015 System Impact Study for this project. Both studies are mid-points in a queue system that eventually leads to an Interconnection Service Agreement (ISA).
The proposed schedule from here is:
- ISA/Interconnection Construction Service Agreement executed Jan. 1, 2016;
- Begin engineering, Feb. 1, 2016;
- Complete engineering, Nov. 1, 2016;
- Begin construction, Dec. 1, 2016; and
- Back-feed to the project, June 1, 2017.