Blue Earth Inc. (NASDAQ: BBLU) said Oct. 22 that it has acquired Moores Hallow Solar LLC, which has a 13-MWp solar project located in Malheur County, Oregon.
Blue Earth executed a Membership Interest Purchase Agreement between its wholly-owned holding company, Blue Earth Oregon Solar LLC, and the project company owned by Pacific Northwest Solar LLC based in Portland, Oregon. The membership interests of the project company were 100% owned by Pacific Northwest Solar.
Construction of the project is scheduled to begin early in the first quarter of 2016 with an expected commercial operation date late in the third quarter of 2016. The electricity offtaker is Idaho Power.
“We look forward to continuing to work on finalizing the acquisition of the remaining 44MWp across five projects from Pacific Northwest Solar,” said Ruben Fontes, President of Blue Earth Solar. “This project, along with several others on which our team is currently performing due diligence, represents a commitment to developing, acquiring and/or building renewable energy assets in this region.”
Incidentally, Idaho Power told the ldaho Public Utilities Commission in an Oct. 15 filing that it has signed a number of new solar power purchase agreements this year. lncluded in the signed contracts are nine new Oregon solar QF contracts totaling 69 MW.
- Arcadia Solar, located in Oregon, contract date 9/16/2015, 5 MW;
- Evergreen Solar, Oregon, 9/16/2015, 10 MW;
- Fairway Solar, Oregon, 10/12/2015, 10 MW;
- Jamieson Solar, Oregon, 9/16/2015, 4 MW;
- John Day Solar, Oregon, 9/16/2015, 5 MW;
- Little Valley Solar, Oregon, 9/16/2015, 10 MW;
- Malheur River Solar, Oregon, 10/12/2015, 10 MW;
- Moores Hallow Solar, Oregon, 9/16/2015, 10 MW; and
- Olds Ferry Solar, Oregon, 10/12/2015, 5 MW.