The U.S. Department of Energy said in a notice to be published in the Sept. 17 Federal Register that a meeting of the National Coal Council (NCC) will be held Nov. 5 at DOE’s National Energy Technology Laboratory in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The National Coal Council, made up of industry representatives, provides advice and recommendations to the Secretary of Energy on general policy matters relating to coal and the coal industry.
The agenda includes opening remarks by Jeff Wallace, Chair of National Coal Council, and remarks by Dr. Grace Bochenek, Director of the National Energy Technology Laboratory. There is also to be a:
- Presentation by Dr. Sean Plasynski, Director Strategic Center for Coal, National Energy Technology Laboratory;
- Presentation by Dr. Jared Moore, Independent Energy Researcher, Meridian Energy Policy on The Increasing Competitiveness of CCUS Generation Under Deep Decarbonization;
- Presentation by Dr. Robert Williams Sr., Research Scientist & Associated Faculty, Princeton Environmental Institute, Princeton University on CO2 Capture Technology Cost Buydown in EOR Applications with Alternative Financing Mechanisms;
- Finance report by Finance Committee Chair Greg Workman;
- Coal Policy Committee report by Coal Policy Committee Chair Fred Palmer;
- Communications Committee report by Communications Committee Chair Holly Krutka; and
- NCC Business Report by NCC Executive Vice President & COO Janet Gellici.