Logan’s Gap Wind project in Texas due for commercial ops in Q3 2015

Logan’s Gap Wind LLC on April 28 filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission a notice of self-certification as an Exempt Wholesale Generator with respect to its ownership and operation of an approximately 200-MW wind project and related assets located in Comanche County, Texas, which is within the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) balancing authority area.

Logan’s Gap anticipates that the facility will commence commercial operation in the third quarter of 2015. It will be interconnected to the transmission system owned by Oncor Electric Delivery Co. LLC and 75% of the output from the facility will be sold under long-term wholesale power purchase agreements with Walmart and other counterparties. The remaining 25% of the output will be sold at wholesale into the ERCOT market.

Logan’s Gap is a wholly-owned, indirect subsidiary of Pattern Renewables Development Co. LLC (Pattern Renewables). Pattern Energy Group LP owns all of the limited partnership interests in Pattern Renewables. Pattern’s limited partnership interest constitutes all of the economic interest in, but conveys no control over, Pattern Renewables. Rather, Pattern Renewables is managed by its general partner, Pattern Renewables GP LLC.

A company contact is: Jeremy Rosenshine, 
Pattern Energy Group LP, 
Pier 1, Bay 3, 
San Francisco, CA 94111, 
Phone: (415) 283-4000, 
Fax: (415) 362-7900, jeremy.rosenshine@patternenergy.com.

About Barry Cassell 20414 Articles
Barry Cassell is Chief Analyst for GenerationHub covering coal and emission controls issues, projects and policy. He has covered the coal and power generation industry for more than 24 years, beginning in November 2011 at GenerationHub and prior to that as editor of SNL Energy’s Coal Report. He was formerly with Coal Outlook for 15 years as the publication’s editor and contributing writer, and prior to that he was editor of Coal & Synfuels Technology and associate editor of The Energy Report. He has a bachelor’s degree from Central Michigan University.