The U.S. Department of Energy said in a notice to be published in the March 11 Federal Register that there will be a meeting of the National Coal Council (NCC) on April 8 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Washington, DC.
The council, made up of industry representatives, advises the Secretary of Energy on matters related to the coal industry.
The tentative agenda for the April 8 meeting includes:
- Call to order and opening remarks by Jeff Wallace, Chair, National Coal Council
- Remarks by unspecified Department of Energy Representative
- Presentation by Mike Marsh, President and CEO, SaskPower on Boundary Dam’s carbon capture and storage (CCS) retrofit project in Canada (TENTATIVE)
- Presentation on Opportunities for Grid-Scale Energy Storage for Coal Power Plants
- Presentation by Center for Climate & Energy Solutions (C2ES) and the National Enhanced Oil Recovery Initiative (NEORI) on Opportunities for Financing CCS Projects & the Impact of Oil Prices on CO2-EOR
- Presentation by consultant Wood Mackenzie on What Lies Ahead for Global Coal
- Council Business: Finance report by Finance Committee Chair Greg Workman; Coal Policy Committee report by Coal Policy Committee Chair Fred Palmer; and NCC Business Report & Communications Committee Report by NCC Executive Vice President andd COO Janet Gellici.
The contact for the meeting is: Dr. Robert J. Wright, U.S. Department of Energy, 4G-036/Forrestal Building, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20585-0001; Telephone: 202-586-0429.