TransmissionHub’s annual TransForum West, to be held May 5-6 at the Grand Hyatt in downtown Denver, will feature such topics as megatrends in transmission in the West, the effects of the energy imbalance market and energy fuel diversity.
Mike Beehler, vice president, Burns & McDonnell, will kick off the event with a keynote address on megatrends in transmission on May 5. His presentation will be followed by a panel on executive perspectives featuring Tracey LeBeau, senior vice president and transmission infrastructure program manager with the Western Area Power Administration (Western), and Patrick Damiano, president and CEO of ColumbiaGrid.
The other panels taking place on May 5 are:
- Effects of the energy imbalance market – The speakers on this panel are Joe Taylor, manager – transmission access with Xcel Energy(NYSE:XEL); Barbara O’Neill, manager – Transmission and Grid Integration Group with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory; Brian Weber, director – commercial and regulatory, BHE US Transmission; and Stacey Crowley, director of regional affairs with the California ISO
- Effects on transmission of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Power Plan – The speakers on this panel are Gerald Deaver, manager – regional transmission policy with Xcel Energy; Anna Giovinetto, senior director – state policy with Advanced Energy Economy; and Thomas Coleman, director – reliability assessments with NERC
- FERC Order 1000 – The speakers on this panel are Kiran Kumaraswamy, senior manager – energy advisory solutions with ICF International; Charles Adamson, principle manager – T&D major projects with Southern California Edison (SCE), and Charles Reinhold, planning consultant with WestConnect
The forum on May 5 will also feature a presentation on energy fuel diversity, addressing such questions as, “How will the changing diversity in electric fuel mix affect transmission development?”
The forum wraps up on May 6, and includes two panels:
- Large transmission projects in the West – The speakers on this panel are Roxane Perruso, vice president and general counsel with TransWest Express; and Tom Wray, project manager with the Sunzia Southwest Transmission Project
- Financing challenges in the transmission space – The speakers on this panel are Paul Kraske, partner – energy and infrastructure projects with Skadden Arps; Josh Batchelder, CFA – Power, Energy & Utilities Division with CoBank, ACB; and Roman Fontes Sr., investment officer – Transmission Infrastructure Program with Western
There will also be a presentation on May 6 on the effects of transmission of energy storage.
TransForum West brings together electric transmission executives who operate, plan, build, regulate and invest in electric power transmission systems in the West.
This regional forum provides two days of interaction and collaboration on the business of power transmission. Participants will gain insight from case studies of successful business models, regional planning strategies, financing trends and practical lessons learned from new construction and upgraded transmission projects occurring in the United States and Canada.
To register for the event, please visit our website, here; to learn more about hotel and travel information, please visit our website, here; and to download the agenda in pdf form, please visit our website, here.
Also, to read coverage from our previous TransForum events, in the East and West, please check out the articles listed under the “Related Articles” tab on the right side of this page.