Developer of 40-MW wind project in Maine files for exempt generator status

Passadumkeag Windpark LLC, developer of a 40-MW wind project in Maine, on Jan. 30 filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission a notice of self-certification of its status as an exempt wholesale generator.

Passadumkeag’s sole and managing member is Quantum Wind Acquisition I LLC, which has as its sole and managing member Quantum Funding LLC. Passadumkeag is constructing an approximately 40-MW wind facility located approximately 30 miles northeast of Bangor, Maine. The facility will interconnect with the ISO New England system.

Passadumkeag said it has entered into a 15-year power purchase agreement with Western Massachusetts Electric Co. (WEMCO), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Northeast Utilities. Under the power purchase agreement, as amended, WEMCO will take 96.2% of all energy, renewable energy credits (RECs), and installed capacity produced by or available from the facility. The remaining 3.8% may be sold into the ISO-NE market or to WEMCO if the parties so choose.

A project contact is: W. Lance Schuler, General Counsel, Quantum Utility Generation LLC, 1401 McKinney Street, Suite 1800, Houston, TX 77010, Phone: (713) 485-8640, Fax: (713) 485-8641, lschuler@quantumug.com.

About Barry Cassell 20414 Articles
Barry Cassell is Chief Analyst for GenerationHub covering coal and emission controls issues, projects and policy. He has covered the coal and power generation industry for more than 24 years, beginning in November 2011 at GenerationHub and prior to that as editor of SNL Energy’s Coal Report. He was formerly with Coal Outlook for 15 years as the publication’s editor and contributing writer, and prior to that he was editor of Coal & Synfuels Technology and associate editor of The Energy Report. He has a bachelor’s degree from Central Michigan University.