FERC okays ownership change for Osage Wind

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on Sept. 9 approved a change in ownership of Osage Wind LLC, which is developing a 150.4-MW project in Oklahoma.

On July 31, Osage Wind requested commission authorization for the disposition of jurisdictional facilities. Enel Kansas LLC will acquire from TradeWind Energy 100% of the membership interests in Osage Wind.

Osage Wind, an exempt wholesale generator with market-based rate authority, is developing, and owns and operates, a 150.4-MW wind project in Osage County, Okla. The Osage Project is within the balancing authority area (BAA) controlled by Associated Electric Cooperative Inc. (AECI) in the southwest region. Output from the project is fully committed to AECI under a long-term power purchase agreement.

Osage Wind is directly wholly-owned by Trade Wind, a Kansas corporation that specializes in the development of wind and solar energy projects nationwide.  TradeWind is owned 19.9% by Enel Kansas, and the remaining 80.1% in equal parts by three individuals, Robert Freeman, Geoffrey Coventry, and Matthew Gilhousen.

Enel Kansas is a direct wholly-owned subsidiary of Enel Green Power North America, owner or operator of generation facilities in various markets in the United States. Farthest upstream of Enel NA is majority-owner Enel S. p. A., an Italian joint-stock company. Osage Wind will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Enel Kansas.

A project contact is: Robert Freeman, Chief Executive Officer, TradeWind Energy, Southlake Technology Park, 16105 West 113th Street, Suite 105, Lenexa, KS 66219, Telephone: (913) 888-9463, Email: rfreeman@tradewindenergy.com.

About Barry Cassell 20414 Articles
Barry Cassell is Chief Analyst for GenerationHub covering coal and emission controls issues, projects and policy. He has covered the coal and power generation industry for more than 24 years, beginning in November 2011 at GenerationHub and prior to that as editor of SNL Energy’s Coal Report. He was formerly with Coal Outlook for 15 years as the publication’s editor and contributing writer, and prior to that he was editor of Coal & Synfuels Technology and associate editor of The Energy Report. He has a bachelor’s degree from Central Michigan University.