The New York ISO added several power projects to its queue in June, with the biggest being the Cricket Valley Energy Center II gas-fired project of Cricket Valley Energy Center LLC.
A list from the New York ISO of projects in its queue, updated to Aug. 7, shows these June applications, which are the most recent on the list (MW ratings are maximum summer capacity):
- Erie Power LLC, Erie Power project, 79.4 MW, gas-fired combined cycle, Chautauqua, expected commercial operation in January 2015;
- East Hampton Solar Farm LLC, East Hampton Solar, 60 MW, Suffolk, commercial by December 2015;
- Riverhead Solar Farm LLC, Riverhead Solar, 60 MW, Suffolk, December 2015;
- Manorville Solar LLC, Manorville Solar, 16 MW, Suffolk, November 2016;
- Cricket Valley Energy Center LLC, Cricket Valley Energy Center II, 1,020 MW, Dutchess, June 2018; and
- Niagara Renewables LLC, Lighthouse Wind, 201.4 MW, Niagara, December 2017.
There were several other projects entering the queue during the earlier part of this year. A highlight from that group is two National Grid applications in January for the Island Park Energy Center CCPP (243.1 MW) and Island Park Energy Center SCPP (238.3 MW) projects in Nassau, both of which are gas-fired combustion turbine facilities, with the CCPP due to be operating in May 2019, and the SCPP in May 2017.
The queue includes a number of older projects, one dating back to 2004. Highlights of the 2013 queue entries are:
- March, Caithness Long Island II LLC, Caithness Long Island II, 764 MW, combined cycle dual fuel, Suffolk, commercial in May 2017;
- November, EDP Renewables North America, Arkwright Summit, wind, 78 MW, Chautauqua, November 2015;
- November, NextEra Energy Resources LLC, Call Hill Wind, 102 MW, Steuben-Allegany, fourth quarter 2017; and
- December, NextEra Energy Resources LLC, Brookfield Wind Energy, 100.3 MW, Chenango and Madison, fourth quarter 2017.