The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on July 18 issued a combined notice about Original Major License applications by affiliates of Free Flow Power for six hydroelectric projects on the Monongahela River in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
The applications were filed on Feb. 27 by: FFP Missouri 16 LLC; FFP Missouri 15 LLC; Solia 8 Hydroelectric LLC; FFP Missouri 13 LLC; Solia 5 Hydroelectric LLC; and Solia 4 Hydroelectric LLC. All applicants are subsidiaries of Free Flow Power.
The projects are:
- Opekiska Lock and Dam Hydroelectric Project (6 MW);
- Morgantown Lock and Dam Hydroelectric Project (5 MW);
- Point Marion Lock and Dam Hydroelectric Project (5 MW);
- Grays Landing Lock and Dam Hydroelectric Project (12 MW);
- Maxwell Lock and Dam Hydroelectric Project (13 MW); and
- Monongahela Lock and Dam Number Four Hydroelectric Project (12 MW).
The projects would be located at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers dams on the Monongahela River in Monongalia County, W.Va., and Fayette, Greene, and Washington counties, Pa. Free Flow Power proposes to operate all six projects in a “run-of-river” mode using flows made available by the Corps.
A project contact is: Thomas Feldman, Vice President of Project Development, Free Flow Power Corp., 239 Causeway Street, Suite 300, Boston, MA 02114; (978) 283-2822.