Austin Energy in Texas has kicked off a process to update the Resource, Generation and Climate Protection Plan to 2020. As part of the update, Austin Energy is conducting stakeholder input meetings to engage key customers and members of the community. The objective of these meetings is to gather community input that will help the utility prioritize the resource scenarios that are assessed during the planning process. Austin Energy will present a revised plan to the Austin City Council in summer 2014.
The Resource, Generation and Climate Protection Plan to 2020 outlines Austin Energy’s strategies for meeting the Austin City Council goals. They include:
• Achieve 35 percent renewable energy resources by 2020, including 200 MW of solar, 100 MW of which will be installed locally
• Reduce power plant carbon dioxide emissions 20 percent below 2005 levels by 2020
• Achieve additional 800 MW of peak demand savings through energy efficiency and demand-side management by 2020
• Rates should remain in the lower half of the Texas retail market and annual rate changes should not exceed two percent
Austin Energy Generation Plan Stakeholder Input Meeting Schedule
• Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014 – 10 a.m. to noon
• Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014 – 6 to 8 p.m.
• Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014 – 1 to 3 p.m.
All sessions will take place in the first floor assembly room at Austin Energy Headquarters, Town Lake Center, 721 Barton Springs Road, Austin, Texas 78704.
Attendees should RSVP for the meeting they plan to attend. Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org