Ameren Transmission will hold the second in a series of public open houses to educate the public on its plans for the 345-kV line Illinois Rivers transmission line project.
The company will hold open houses from July 16 through July 31.
Each open house is an informal event that will stress one-on-one conversations with various experts and will allow residents to come at a time that is most convenient, the company said in a statement.
Illinois Rivers is a 331-mile, 345-kV line that starts in Palmyra, Mo., and passes through Pawnee, Ill., to Sugar Creek, Ind.
Open houses will be held:
- July 16 – Griggsville, Ill., and Jacksonville, Ill.
- July 17 – Rushville, Ill., Ipava, Ill., and Mt. Sterling
- July 18 – Beardstown, Ill.
- July 19 – Meredosia, Ill., and Bluffs, Quincy, Ill.
- July 23 – Chatham, Ill., Farmersville, Ill., and Taylorville, Ill.
- July 24 – Mt. Zion, Ill., Shelbyville, Ill., and Pana, Ill.
- July 25 – Sullivan, Ill., Hammond, Ill., and Marshall, Ill.
- July 26 – Kansas, Ill., Arcola, Ill., and Charleston, Ill.
- July 31 – Champaign, Ill.
The project is estimated to cost between $840m and $1.4bn, according to TransmissionHub data.